Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Uh Oh, No Car Seat!!"

As a treat, Andrea, Michael and I went to a nearby coffee shop that serves Italian style gelato. We hadn't been there in quite a while, and I was in the mood to get out of the house. When I had arrived home earlier, I was promptly greeted by Michael who was coming down the stairs by himself, and told me immediately that I had once again I parked on his railroad tracks. Why can't Michael & Daddy draw tracks where Mommy & Daddy usually park??? I wish it would just rain, and then this problem would go away for a day or two. Anyway, I backed up and parked behind Mommy's car. We then went over to the neighbors to see if the boys wanted to come with us, but unfortunately, they were going grocery shopping, and weren't able to come. So Mommy asked Michael which car he wanted to ride in...Mommy's or Miss Tammy's...Michael picked Miss Tammy's. Miss Tammy unlocked her car and Michael climbed into the front seat, and was about to climb into the back seat when you could hear plain as day "Uh Oh, No Car Seat." He was indeed correct, and Mommy had to get the extra one from the garage. We have three cars, and two car seats, so there is usually some switching that always has to be done. After much protest, and yes, even some screaming, he finally settled down in his car seat. He knows that the car seat is missing, but he also considers it a game to see how long he can evade Mommy & Miss Tammy and not get into the car seat. We finally headed for the coffee shop, and ordered some gelato with a hint of mint to all share. Miss Tammy also ordered a Cranberry White Chocolate Scone. However, about 80 to 85% (if not more) of Miss Tammy's scone was consumed by a certain 2 year old who decided he liked the scone much better than the gelato.

No comments: