Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
F-I-R-E-W-O-R-K-S
We still have some left over fireworks from the 4th of July, and every so often James lights some off. Michael saw some of the residue left on the driveway, and knew exactly what it was, and asked for Daddy to light some more. We have done a couple more little things this weekend. James remembered he had told Michael we could do some more tonight, and I thought I knew what he was thinking, so I spelled it out for James so that Michael wouldn't know what we were talking about. However, as soon as I spelled out F-I-R-E-W-O-R-K-S, Michael turned to me and asked "Fireworks?" James and I just looked at each other in disbelief, and then he yelled at Andrea that we had a problem. So Andrea came in and spelled it out as well, and Michael didn't miss a beat, and again inquired "Fireworks?" So of course we had to go outside and light a few. Now we will have to figure out what else he knows how to spell. He has already proved he can tell the difference in pop cans, because Andrea will ask for a Diet Pepsi, and Michael will bring her a can of Diet Pepsi without any assistance whatsoever, and James drinks Diet Mountain Dew, and he doesn't even have to ask, and Michael will bring him one, or two, or even three. I don't know if he does it by the color of the can, or if he can read it, but he gets it right every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment