Also at this gaming establishment that I mentioned yesterday, Michael & I played Air Hockey, although I am using the term "played" very loosely. I won every game. This wasn't necessarily because I'm more talented, but simply because Michael scored all of my points. (I don't see a future for him in being a goalie). He had figured out that if the puck goes in the slot by him that it comes out underneath on his side. This was incredibly cool, despite that the scoreboard showed it as a point for Miss Tammy. I could get him to hit the puck to me, and then I would hit it back, and actually not try very hard to get it in, because I wanted him to hit it back to me. This is the part where my communication skills broke down, because instead of him hitting it back to me, he would reach for it, and shove it in the slot himself, and then giggle with delight because "mysteriously" it would appear in the slot below (every time). It was completely unacceptable for it to go in the slot by Miss Tammy, which would explain why Miss Tammy won every game (Yes, I did try to give him a point, but that was not received very well from the opposition...I thought he would have been grateful to have a point on the board ;) Then, of course, it was disastrous when he shoved the puck in the slot and it didn't come out again. For those of you who might have figured out this disturbing scenario, yes, that meant that the game had ended, and it was time to put in another coin, but Michael hasn't quite gotten that concept yet. Needless to say, he was not pleased, because he kept waiting on his end, and then got impatient and it was quite funny because he walked to my end and it wasn't there either. This was obviously very unacceptable behavior for the puck. He also didn't understand that games were shorter when one person scores all the points in a row. I did end up putting another coin in, and it came out on his side, and he was mollified at least for the moment. Then however, he got bored and just walked away. This was mainly because Miss Tammy was not happy because he started shoving the black hitting thing at her instead of hitting the puck with it. Also, because it's air hockey, he could see the black thing moving across the surface completely on its own, and that became even more interesting than hitting the puck himself.
Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Scoring Points for the Opposition
Also at this gaming establishment that I mentioned yesterday, Michael & I played Air Hockey, although I am using the term "played" very loosely. I won every game. This wasn't necessarily because I'm more talented, but simply because Michael scored all of my points. (I don't see a future for him in being a goalie). He had figured out that if the puck goes in the slot by him that it comes out underneath on his side. This was incredibly cool, despite that the scoreboard showed it as a point for Miss Tammy. I could get him to hit the puck to me, and then I would hit it back, and actually not try very hard to get it in, because I wanted him to hit it back to me. This is the part where my communication skills broke down, because instead of him hitting it back to me, he would reach for it, and shove it in the slot himself, and then giggle with delight because "mysteriously" it would appear in the slot below (every time). It was completely unacceptable for it to go in the slot by Miss Tammy, which would explain why Miss Tammy won every game (Yes, I did try to give him a point, but that was not received very well from the opposition...I thought he would have been grateful to have a point on the board ;) Then, of course, it was disastrous when he shoved the puck in the slot and it didn't come out again. For those of you who might have figured out this disturbing scenario, yes, that meant that the game had ended, and it was time to put in another coin, but Michael hasn't quite gotten that concept yet. Needless to say, he was not pleased, because he kept waiting on his end, and then got impatient and it was quite funny because he walked to my end and it wasn't there either. This was obviously very unacceptable behavior for the puck. He also didn't understand that games were shorter when one person scores all the points in a row. I did end up putting another coin in, and it came out on his side, and he was mollified at least for the moment. Then however, he got bored and just walked away. This was mainly because Miss Tammy was not happy because he started shoving the black hitting thing at her instead of hitting the puck with it. Also, because it's air hockey, he could see the black thing moving across the surface completely on its own, and that became even more interesting than hitting the puck himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment