Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Secret Service Man (& Woman) Wannabe's
When we were driving home from church on Sunday, we saw a car totally blocking the right lane with its flashers on. It was a fairly quiet street, but it was quite curvy, so visibility was limited. Daddy pulled over to see if we could help get them out of the traffic lane and somewhere a bit more safe. Daddy went over to ask them if we could help, and Daddy asked Miss Tammy if she could help push the car. Mommy & Michael were dispatched to turn around, and follow us so that no one got too close. I had been previously tracking our progress from Church on the GPS program on my cell phone, and had been showing Michael where we were (we had not taken the usual way home from church). He was very interested, so when I got out of the car, I asked him if he could hold it for me so that he could keep watching it. Miss Tammy & Daddy helped push the car for probably less than 1/4 mile, but discovered that once the car started rolling, it actually rolled quite quickly leaving Miss Tammy to push it alone for a bit as Daddy was left in the dust (Daddy doesn't do so well running...). Daddy huffed and puffed to Miss Tammy that he didn't know how Secret Service Agents do it running beside cars for miles. I said they have plenty of training. Both of us were breathing really hard, and quite winded by the time we reached a little alcove that they could safely park in (and quite convinced that we would not make it as Secret Service Agents). Meanwhile, Michael had asked Mommy if the car was broke, and I am sure was quite concerned as to why Mommy had driven off without Daddy and Miss Tammy. When we did get back in the car, Michael immediately handed me my cell phone back to me as if it were a treasure, and I am sure probably got quite a kick out of watching the arrow. When we got closer to home, I showed him the star that represented home, and the arrow that represented where we were, and when I showed him that the arrow was on top of the star, he realized that we were indeed home (& safely too) although still somewhat breathing hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment