Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Veggie Tales Saves the Day
I'm not sure if this is the "terrible two" behavior, but recently Michael has been screaming and screaming, and won't tell us what he wants, and he seems just really terrified of something. We think it might have something to do with the early child development school he goes to, as he doesn't really seem to like it, but I'm not convinced that is the entire problem. He was absolutely terrified when Andrea & I went shopping and we put him in the car seat. We thought maybe it was because he thought we were taking him back to school, as he seemed to calm down once we did some shopping, and we showed him that we weren't leaving him anywhere. It of course helped that we found a cookie jar with a John Deere tractor, and then he seemed to calm down a little (until of course we told him he couldn't have it.) Then again a couple days ago, he totally freaked out when Andrea & I went shopping again to look for a swimsuit for him, and took him along. This time, the screams were absolutely piercing, and I don't think they could have been any louder. Since I was driving, I had a Veggie Tales CD in the car that has their theme song on it, and I put it in and turned it way up. If you can imagine a screaming child, and a stereo at full blast playing the Veggie Tales Theme Song, you will probably get quite a chuckle. It actually took several times of playing just the theme song to get him to calm down, and then he wanted me to play it again. He only wanted to listen to the theme song, and promptly informed Mommy that the song had switched, and he didn't like that song, and wanted to hear the other one again. Fortunately, since he had calmed down, I was able to turn the volume down, so that my ears weren't ringing quite so much. Unfortunately for us, Michael didn't want anything to do with the shopping cart, and wanted to be held by me, and Michael even held a basket for a while, until I put him down because both him and the basket were getting heavy. He seemed to be ok by then, and then he found some cars and put about 4 of them in his basket, and was very upset that Mommy told him he didn't have any money to pay for them (he told her he did), and she wasn't going to buy them for him either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment