On a recent outing /picnic over the 4th of July holiday, we found a nice park, and had some fried chicken, chips, etc.
Despite Mommy's admonishment that he needed to stay seated on the park bench, Michael, with drumstick in hand, went running to investigate some nearby trees. Investigating them turned out to be not quite enough; he decided to become one with the tree. I took a picture of him hugging a tree with that all important drumstick. (It's in his left hand for those who don't have perfect vision). As if one was not enough, Michael scouted the areas for other trees and went and hugged them to. He then met a little boy on the play set and they had fun together. Michael even started trying to attempt summersaults, which was quite amusing. 
He also liked the little animals with springs that you could ride on, and a teeter-totter with springs that he could ride on with Miss Tammy.
After we all had finished eating, James, Andrea, Michael and I, a couple other ladies, Michael's play friend, and three dogs (we left Mocha at home) ventured toward the suspension bridge over a river. It does have quite an awesome view, but it just can't quite compete with the Royal Gorge Suspension Bridge, which, yes, I am proud to say I have walked across & even rafted under (but hopefully never again). This one, however, suits me just fine, and
there was a lot less nervousness and queasiness in my stomach looking down at this view. As per normal, Michael showed absolutely no fear regarding heights, and would have let go, had Daddy not had such a strong hold on him. As far as I know, everyone had a good time. Good fun, good food, and good fellowship, and NO WORK, what a beautiful day God created for us :)
there was a lot less nervousness and queasiness in my stomach looking down at this view. As per normal, Michael showed absolutely no fear regarding heights, and would have let go, had Daddy not had such a strong hold on him. As far as I know, everyone had a good time. Good fun, good food, and good fellowship, and NO WORK, what a beautiful day God created for us :)
No comments:
Post a Comment