Monday, March 31, 2008

Why?

Yep. You guessed it. The most feared question known to man (parents) has arrived from the lips of Michael. His curiosity is unquenchable, and sometimes gets him into trouble, especially if he thinks we are not paying attention to him. He was playing the other day with Mocha, and stepped on Mocha's tail. We asked him not to step on Mocha's tail, and he of course asked "Why?" We told him because it hurts Mocha, but I'm not sure how much he understands or cares. When we were eating Michael was trying the same spices that Daddy likes, and then he tried to give some to Mommy, but Daddy wouldn't let him, so Michael asked "Why?" When he was told, "because Mommy doesn't like them," that was not an acceptable answer, which was of course followed by another "Why?" Fortunately, he can't quite use complete sentences yet, so we haven't gotten into the deep subjects like "Why is the sky blue?" or "Where do babies come from?" Hopefully we have a little while yet until he grasps those subjects, but I am sure it will be interesting when he does, and I have to say I am glad I'm not the final authority on these answers...I much prefer being an observer/nanny/all around helper. Too bad it's not something cute I can take a picture of....

No comments: