Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Stronger than Steel & Faster than a Speeding Bullet

No, I'm not talking about Superman. I'm talking about Mr. Independent, (aka Michael). We went shopping tonight, (actually more like window shopping, because the only thing we actually bought was food), however, Michael discovered something very important. The little stinker figured out that he is able to open doors, like big strong shopping mall doors, because he discovered that there is a big round circle near the doors that has a funny looking symbol on it (in adult terms, it's a wheelchair picture.) Well, like we always hear, America is the land of "the free," and Michael is determined to have that feeling of being "free." He has also figured out that he can run up to the door open it and run in, and doesn't have to wait anymore for Mommy & Daddy to open the door for him. He also likes pushing elevator buttons, and pushing his stroller by himself. If you are touching it at all, I mean even one finger, he will screech "Michael's" and you had better take your hands off because he is pushing by himself. It was of course all fun and games until he decided to take aim and deliberately crash the stroller into Mommy, and later Daddy. Mommy was none too pleased, and Michael got into just a bit of trouble for that.
We then decided it was probably time to go before he completely melted down, and started screaming...He of course had other ideas and was head banging, and well his whole upper torso was moving to a Phillips Craig & Dean song on the way home, and wanted us all to join in.

He has also figured out how to open the door to his bedroom, and when James, Andrea & I came upstairs this evening, he was standing in the kitchen in his pajamas, clearly out of bed. Reminds me of the story my parents told me of how I almost scared them to death once because I figured out how to crawl out of my crib when I was only about 1, and just wandered into the living room long after I was supposed to have gone to bed. Here's the thing....I don't remember doing it, and I'm sure he won't either, but that doesn't really help me explain why either of us did it...I guess we'll never know...and there's probably much more important things to ponder about...but there never seems to be any answers....hmmm...

No comments: