Sunday, April 20, 2008

Miss Tammy's Privacy

We've been trying to teach Michael that he can't just walk into my bedroom unannounced. For some reason he really likes my bedroom, and likes visiting me, but has a very bad habit of just opening the door without knocking (this of course is hampered because I have a large shoe rack hanging on the outside of my door.) To try and help with this problem, I went out and bought a cheap wireless doorbell and installed it on the door frame. I told Michael that if he wants to see me or come into my room he needs to push the doorbell and wait for me to tell him to come in. Michael thinks this is a great idea, because he loves to push buttons, and he likes hearing the "ding." I, of course, had to change my doorbell's code, because I figured out that it set off the house doorbell too, and I also changed the ring so that it was different than the front door! What makes this really funny, is that several times he has forgotten (usually because my door is open) and he has come into my room, and I ask him to please go out and ring the doorbell until I tell him it's ok to come in. Well, one would expect him to just go out and ring the doorbell right? No, he has to go out, pull the door closed behind him and then ring the door bell. I thought maybe this was just a one time occurrence, but no, even if he just comes down the stairs and sees my door open, he will come up, close my door and then ring the doorbell. He seems to think it's great fun. He even rang my doorbell once to tell me he was going to use my bathroom because the toilet upstairs was plugged. He's a very considerate child...I hope this lasts for a while ;)

No comments: