Sunday, October 26, 2008

And the Pickle Fell Down...

Michael was standing on the arm of the couch, and I wasn't sure was he was planning to do. He said something in gibberish that I couldn't make out followed by "pickle." I was desperately trying to figure out what he meant by pickle, when it occurred to me that we have been watching the Veggie Tales episode called Dave and the Giant Pickle. This is the Veggie Tale version of the bible story about David and Goliath. I asked Michael, "Dave and the Giant Pickle?" He says "Uh Huh." Then he proceeded to tell me that the pickle falls, and he tipped forward and fell in to the couch. (He did not jump, but just fell forward, just like the pickle) In usual Michael style, he wanted to do it again and again, but he had to make sure that you knew before he did it that he said "Dave and the Giant Pickle." Sensing that this might be a long drawn out process, finally, I asked him, "How many times does the pickle fall?" He looked at me and said "Two." I looked back at him, and asked "Two times?" I think he sensed that this was not the correct answer, and then he pondered and said "Two Minutes." And then Mommy interrupted, and said that he needed to get dressed. However, I guess I can see from his perspective, that since we have watched Dave and the Giant Pickle many times, the pickle has fallen many times...How does one argue with that logic???