Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Cookie for Daddy

Yesterday, the same grocery store that we went to for decorating a Mother's Day cake also had a special event for Father's Day: Decorating an enormous chocolate chip cookie with frosting and sprinkles. Michael, of course, thoroughly enjoyed this decoration phase, especially since we took the neighbor boys with us to decorate a cookie for their dad. Michael was also caught snooping some frosting off the cookie. Somehow during this experience frosting ended up all over Michael AND Mommy. Most disturbing though, was that there was no one else at the table decorating a cookie for their dad. We even went in the afternoon, as I (Miss Tammy) had to work in the morning. The whole time we were decorating no one else showed up, and even after we had finished shopping, we came back by the area and still no one else was decorating a cookie for their Dad. I found that sad, especially because it had been really busy for Mother's Day. What does that really say about the importance and appreciation of Father's in society today?? Needless to say, James was very appreciative of the cookies, and He and Michael shared it, or I should maybe say, James ate the cookie, and Michael ate the frosting.

A note to my Dad: I would have made one for you, but I wasn't sure how to mail a cookie with frosting & sprinkles. I love you & appreciate you anyway :)

No comments: