Friday, January 23, 2009

A Tiger Bite Me, Right Here!!

Michael had a nightmare last night (or possibly early this morning). He dreamed that a lion & tiger were in his bedroom, and the tiger bit him on his leg. I heard him screaming early this morning, and so I got up, got dressed and went upstairs to check on the situation. As soon as Michael saw me, he told me that "a tiger bite me right here" and pointed to the lower portion of his right leg. He told me that a lion and tiger were in his bedroom, but that the lion "not bite me", only the tiger. I offered to check it out, because Daddy didn't want to get down on the floor, so both Michael & I checked it out. We found several stuffed animals (including a brown stuffed horse from Grandma & Grandpa # 3), but no lions or tigers in sight. My guess is that they were invisible ;) He insisted that he needed the gate up AND his bedroom door closed so that the lion & tiger couldn't sneak back in when we weren't looking. Daddy, Mommy & I said we would protect him, but that didn't seem to satisfy him. He didn't want me to leave for work either, he wanted me to stay and protect him all day. Hopefully the lion & tiger aren't smart enough to find him as Mommy whisked him away into protective custody at his daycare. I remember having the same type of dream when I was a kid. It was a lion, if I remember correctly, but instead of attacking me, it was attacking my daddy who was in a tractor (with a cab). It's strange what our subconscious can come up with when we are sleeping, and how absolutely real it can seem!

No comments: