Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Thursday, January 15, 2009
An Appointment with an Ophthalmologist
This evening, Daddy was sitting in his chair in the living room, and Mocha was sitting near his feet on the rug. Michael was playing in the living room, Mommy was sitting in the dining room, and Miss Tammy was in the kitchen. Mommy all of the sudden became worried and asked "Have you seen Mocha??" Daddy did not realize that the position of his chair blocked sight of a black dog especially since the living room lights were not on, and only the light from the dining room illuminated them. Daddy asked Miss Tammy if she could please call the ophthalmologist and make an appointment for Mommy because she is obviously having problems seeing. I had pointed Mocha out to Mommy so that she could be assured that Mocha was safe, and was about to laugh it off, when I saw Michael grab his stool, push it into the kitchen, and then climb up to reach the phone mounted on the wall. He attempted to get it off the hook, and then handed it to me with the expectation that I needed to call the ophthalmologist immediately to make an eye appointment for Mommy. I didn't bother to tell him that since it was evening, they probably weren't open, so instead I accepted the phone from him, kept up the guise, and started dialing the only number that popped into my head...my mom & dad (also known as Honorary Grandma & Grandpa, or Grandma & Grandpa # 3). My mother (who answered the phone) seemed surprised at my call, since I had already spoken to her several times today and so I had to explain the entire situation, and she was gracious enough to play along, and gave me an appointment time at 9 am Friday (tomorrow) morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment