Friday, December 5, 2008

Turn Right, Tammy

Today, I needed to pick Michael up from daycare because Andrea stayed home from work and went to the doctor. I was very glad I had my GPS, because it was dark and snowing, and just generally bad driving conditions. The GPS was also taking me a shorter, but unfamiliar route, but my normal route I am positive would have taken me twice as long in this weather. Fortunately, the GPS was right on, and I found it with no problems, snow and all. On the way home, it was fairly funny, because the GPS lady would say "In .3 miles turn right." So Michael would pipe up and say "Turn right, Tammy." As we neared the turn the lady would again say, "Turn right". Michael didn't differentiate, and said "Turn right again, Tammy," as if I had already turned right. I figured it was useless to try and explain that we didn't have to turn just when the lady said to, but that it might be a short distance away. Michael imitated almost every directional command the GPS lady would say. Fortunately, we did make it to our destination (on the right).