Adventures of myself, a rambunctious four-year-old, his parents, and a big black dog named Mocha.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
3 new vocabulary words
While we were at the dog park on Monday, I taught Michael three new words. He wanted to dig out some stones to throw in the pond, so I told him that his stick was the LEVER he would need. We also found a much smaller piece of wood that I told him was the FULCRUM. We dug around the rock until I determined we could get it out by force. I showed him how to place the fulcrum by the rock and put the lever on top. We then used TORQUE or force to pry the rock out. Michael was very impressed and wanted me to review on another rock, and another and another. He also went skipping ahead saying "I learned 3 new words."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment