Friday, October 9, 2009

Handy Tammy

Daddy noticed that a light bulb was out in the kitchen, so he asked me if I could look at it if I had a chance. I got out a ladder and surveyed the situation. We have a unique kitchen because it has a high slanted ceiling, so it was interesting trying the get the right spot for the ladder. When I got the cover off, I noticed that it was not your typical light bulb, but a mini flourescent bulb (13 watts). I had never seen that kind of contraption before so I used my trusty phone to snap a couple pictures and send them to my dad (aka Grandpa # 3) while standing on the ladder. Then I was able to call him while on the ladder and he was able to give me some helpful suggestions to get the bulb out. Fortunately I happened to have an extra 13 watt lightbulb downstairs as I tend to be a packrat...and it paid off yet again!! Michael wanted to help, but Mommy told him he couldn't climb the ladder, so he settled for holding onto it for me. I also needed his assistance to turn the kitchen light on and off to make sure it worked. He thought it was a very important and exciting job. The light did turn on, and Michael thought that Miss Tammy did a good job of fixing things and told me I was "Handy Tammy" because I fixed things like "Handy Manny" does on Michael's favorite TV show on the Disney Channel.

No comments: